Fellows of the Max Planck Schools
Die Max Planck Schools rufen die Vordenker der Forschungs-Disziplinen "Cognition", "Matter to Life" und "Photonics" dazu auf, sich als Fellows zu bewerben. Nähere Informationen finden Sie im Open Call for Applications.
The Max Planck Schools are taking higher and graduate education in Germany in a new direction. With the participation of German universities and the four large German research organizations, the Max Planck School of Cognition, the Max Planck School Matter to Life and the Max Planck School of Photonics are concentrating the Germany-wide distributed excellence within three future-oriented fields to create internationally visible and highly attractive graduate programs. The most forward-thinking researchers of one discipline come together as Fellows of the Max Planck Schools to supervise internationally outstanding young scientists within the framework of a structured doctoral program. Fellows and students alike enjoy access to a truly unique interdisciplinary network.
The Fellows of the Max Planck Schools are appointed by the presidents of the Max Planck Society and the German Rector’s Conference. Their main responsibilities are the qualification and supervision of the PhD candidates of the School. The Fellows also contribute to their Max Planck School by
- Generating new research topics
- Supporting selection procedures
- Facilitating the personal development of students
- Contributing to curriculum development and implementation
- Further developing the concept of the respective Max Planck School
For these tasks, Fellows will be appointed for a four-year tenure, a renewed, subsequent application is possible.
The Max Planck Schools offer generous remunerations to their students; Fellows with their main affiliation at a German university receive project funding from the Federal Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF) for their engagement at the Max Planck Schools.
To become a Fellow, candidates should
- Have their main affiliation at a German university or research institution
- Demonstrate an internationally recognized scientific profile in one or more research fields of the Schools of Cognition / Matter to Life / Photonics
- Bring high levels of engagement to the support and advancement of young potentials aiming for an international research career
- Demonstrate interest to contribute to a highly innovative graduate program with international visibility and orientation
Furthermore, the Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. We are looking forward to your application by 15. October 2020 via our online portal.
You can find more information on the Max Planck Schools this website.
 Max-Planck-Gesellschaft, Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft, Leibniz-Gemeinschaft, Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft
 Subject to a continuation of the Max Planck Schools beyond the end of the pilot phase, 31.12.2023