The Max Planck Schools
The Max Planck Schools are a joint graduate program of currently 24 universities and 34 institutes from non-university research organizations.
Ambitious and promising PhD candidates engage in cutting-edge interdisciplinary research in the fields of Cognition, Matter to Life, and Photonics and study in the context of a unique network, closely supervised by outstanding scientists, who are leaders in their respective field. The PhD candidates benefit from early access to a versatile, first-class research infrastructure and innovative teaching methods, as well as fully financed PhD positions for Bachelor and Master graduates.
Our PhD candidates benefit from:
Cutting-edge interdisciplinary research in the fields of
Cognition, Matter to Life, and Photonics;
- Close supervision by outstanding scientists in their respective field;
- a unique network of leading German universities and non-university research organizations;
- An integrated MSc and PhD program (or standalone PhD program)
- Early access to first-class research infrastructures and innovative teaching formats;
- An internationally competitive funding scheme without tuition fees.
Together with our students, the Fellows of the Max Planck Schools form the foundation of every School. Our Fellows are Germany’s leading scientists in their respective field and are to pass on their knowledge to the most ambitious and talented Bachelor and Master graduates through close personal exchange in small groups and with the aid of excellent infrastructures. The Fellows mentor our talented and ambitious young researchers and accompany them throughout their PhD studies.
Find out more about our world-class supervisers and their inspiring research!