BENEFITS OF OUR PROGRAMM
Join the Max Planck Schools and benefit from many amenities of our program
The Max Planck Schools invite highly talented Bachelor or Master graduates from around the world to apply to their competitive PhD programs. Ambitious and promising PhD candidates benefit from early access to first-class research infrastructures, a unique scientific network, innovative teaching formats and much more in a fully-funded PhD program.
The Max Planck Schools offer
- Cutting-edge interdisciplinary research in the fields Cognition, Matter to Life, Photonics;
- Supervision by outstanding scientists in their respective field, within a unique network
of leading German universities and non-university research organizations;
- An integrated MSc and PhD program (or standalone PhD program);
- Early access to first-class research infrastructures and innovative teaching formats;
- An internationally competitive funding scheme without tuition fees.
The Max Planck Schools invite the most promising Bachelor and Master Graduates from all over the world to apply and become part of exciting interdisciplinary research networks.
Admission to a Max Planck School comes with funding for up to five years. This funding allows our candidates to focus entirely on their scientific work and ensures that the Max Planck Schools can attract the best candidates from around the world. During the first program phase (usually with a Bachelor’s degree), students receive an attractive scholarship and, if applicable, a subsidy for health insurance and material costs. With the successful completion of the first phase and a contract according to the local Wage Agreement for Public Service (TVöD/TV-L, E 13) in the second phase.